Search This Blog

Monday, January 12, 2009

Mama's Chili

As I was adventuring thru the internet today at work I came across one of my FAVORITE things – some NEW RECIPES!!!!!

Needless to say, the “Mama” mentioned is not mine… I’ll try to post MY mama’s recipe for Green Chile (Chili Verde) in the near future.

In the meantime, I hope this recipe sounds as good to you as it does to me.

http://www.guidepostsmag.com/food/comfort-food-archive/?i=1069&tlid=0&tcid=331&tnid=74&taid=1

Mama’s Chili

An easy-to-make one-pot chili recipe, with ground beef and beans.

By Patty Smith Hall
Caledonia, Michigan

Use fresh tomatoes and tomato sauce to get the best flavor out of this chili. It will warm you up on a frosty day.

INGREDIENTS

1 1/2 pounds of ground chuck, browned and drained

1 quart diced tomatoes

1 small can (8 oz) tomato sauce

1 can (15 oz) kidney beans, drained

1 ounce chili powder

Salt and pepper to taste

1 small diced onion (optional)

PREPARATION

Mix all ingredients and cook on medium heat for about 1 1/2 hours. You can also mix the ingredients in a crock pot and simmer on low for 6 to 8 hours.

No comments: