Search This Blog

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Beef and Bean Chili

Well, I've been watching the Food Network, again. I've been enjoying a show called Sandra's Money Saving Meals. I thought that I would share a few of her recipes with you. The link to 'her' website on the Food Network is at the bottom of the recipe.

As always, I would really love to hear from anybody that tries one of the recipes from my blog! Please let me know what you think! 
Thanks, 
MissMouse

Beef and Bean Chili

Ingredients
  • 1 tablespoon canola oil
  • 1 medium yellow onion, diced
  • 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
  • 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
  • 1/2 pound cubed leftover pot roast
  • 1 (15-ounce) can beans (any type you like), drained & rinsed
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
  • 2 cups water
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 1/4 cup shredded cheese
Directions
Heat a large saucepan over medium heat and add the oil, diced onion and garlic and sauté until the onions are golden, about 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes, pot roast, beans, chili powder, and 2 cups water. Lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Ladle the chili into serving bowls and sprinkle each bowl with 1 tablespoon of cheese. Serve hot. 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The chili sounds delicious!

MissMouse said...

I thought so, too! I'm planning on trying it out this weekend!