Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Granola

This recipe is from the Food Network. I saw it on “Healthy Appetite w/Ellie Krieger” and it looked really good. I know that I buy granola fairly often and this is a cheap way to make it for me and my family. I substituted dried cranberries for the raisins, and cashews for the pecans – one of the kids doesn’t like either raisins or pecans. It turned out really good!  I love to eat it in my yogurt for breakfast. The link for the show is at the bottom of this post.


As always, I would really love to hear from anybody that tries one of the recipes from my blog! Please let me know what you think! 
Thanks, 
Miss Mouse

Granola

3 cups oatmeal (uncooked)
1/2 cup walnuts
1/2 cup almonds
1/2 cup pecans
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup raisins

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Spread on pre-sprayed oven sheet and back in a 300° oven for 20 – 30 minutes.

Makes 5 1/2 cups





No comments: