Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Texas Caviar

Another recipe straight from the Taste of Home website...
As always, I would really love to hear from anybody that tries one of the recipes from my blog! Please let me know what you think! 
Thanks,
Miss Mouse

The comments from the person that contributed this recipe are:
"My neighbor gave me a container of this zippy, tangy salsa one Christmas and I had to have the recipe," notes Kathy Faris of Lytle, Texas. "I fix it regularly for potlucks and get-togethers and never have leftover. I take copies of the recipe with me whenever I take the salsa."

Texas Caviar


Ingredients

  • 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
  • 3/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
  • 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 3 green onions, chopped
  • 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
  • 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 1 bottle (8 ounces) fat-free Italian salad dressing
  • Tortilla chips

Directions

  • In a large bowl, combine the peas, peppers, onions, parsley, pimientos and garlic. Pour salad dressing over pea mixture; stir gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 4 cups.

Nutritional Analysis: One serving (1/2 cup dip with 8 chips) equals 148 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 661 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable.

No comments: