Search This Blog

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Chilled Blackberry Soup

I accidentally clicked on an ad today while I was doing some things online. When the new window popped up I couldn't get it to close because it was still loading. I went back to my original window and did some other things, completely forgetting about the new window. When I finally came back to the new window it was for something called Hobby Farms. I looked at it and there was a featured recipe... Chilled Blackberry Soup. It sounded so good I had to take a closer look.

As always, I would really love to hear from anybody that tries one of the recipes from my blog! Please let me know what you think!
Thanks,
MissMouse

Chilled Blackberry Soup
A favorite summertime treat is chilled black raspberry soup, which takes advantage of the berries that are so plentiful this time of year.


Ingredients
2 cups black raspberries
juice of 1 fresh lemon
1 large container low-fat vanilla yogurt
¾ to 1 cup low-fat sour cream
sprinkling of cinnamon
mint sprigs

Tools
Large bowl
Strainer
Blender
Preparation

Sprinkle berries with lemon juice and let sit for 20 minutes, then process in a blender. Put through a sieve or cheesecloth to remove seeds. Combine berry pulp with remaining ingredients and chill for at least one hour. Serve garnished with mint sprig. Serves 4.

No comments: